X Factor song list confirmed for week 2 of the live shows
It’s Motown week on the X Factor this Saturday and the official song list has been released.
Last weekend we saw Bratavio leave the competition after being voted into the bottom two alongside Saara Aalto. It looked as though poor Louis was only left with one act in his category after Brooks Way were forced to exit the show as well, but it has been announced that the Four of Diamonds are back and we’re excited to see what they’ll deliver for their first live performance.
Here’s a peek at what Motown hits the contestants will be singing for the second week of live shows:
The Boys, with Nicole Scherzinger
- Freddy Parker: “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- Matt Terry: “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” by Marvin Gaye
- Ryan Lawrie: “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder
The Girls, with Simon Cowell
- Emily Middlemas: “Stop in the Name Of Love” by Diana Ross & The Supremes
- Gifty Louise: “Rockin’ Robin” by Jackson 5
- Sam Lavery: “Hello” by Lionel Richie
The Overs, with Sharon Osbourne
- Honey G: “Mo Money Mo Problems” by The Notorious B.I.G.
- Saara Aalto: “River Deep, Mountain High” by Ike and Tina Turner
- Relley C: “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers
The Groups, with Louise Walsh
- 5 After Midnight: mashup of “Get Ready” by The Temptations and “Reach Out I’ll Be There” by The Four Tops
- Four of Diamonds: “You Keep Me Hanging On” by The Supremes
Okay, so Honey G’s song isn’t exactly a Motown classic, but it does sample Diana Ross’s “I’m Coming Out” so I suppose we can just about let her off. Whether the other judges will is another story though.
Will the contestants be able to do the iconic Motown tunes justice? We shall have to see.
X Factor continues Saturday at 8pm on ITV.