Strictly Come Dancing week 2: song and dance list confirmed
The song and dance list for this weekend’s Strictly Come Dancing has been unveiled.
Beware, this post contains spoilers for this weekend’s shows.
Last weekend saw Strictly‘s first shows on Friday and Saturday night, in which the 15 contestants and their partners showed us exactly what they could do on the dance floor for the first time without fear of departing the competition that night. For some contestants, this was exactly what we expected (cough, Ed Balls) and for others an impressive surprise (Daisy Lowe wowed audiences and judges alike with a brilliant first dance to Nat King Cole’s “Unforgettable”).
Nobody went home on the first night, but the scores will carry through to this weekend’s shows – which means the songs below will hopefully help struggling celebs boost their scores. Can Ed and Katya bring it back with their Charleston to Alma Cogan’s “The Banjo’s Back in Town”?
Without further ado, here is the full list of dances and songs for week two:
- Anastacia and Brendan will be dancing the Salsa to “Sax” by Fleur East
- Claudia and AJ will be dancing the Waltz to “You Light Up My Life” by Whitney Houston
- Daisy and Aljaz will be dancing the Cha Cha to “Forget You” by Cee-Lo Green
- Danny and Oti will be dancing the Viennese Waltz to “Never Tear Us Apart” by INXS
- Ed and Katya will be dancing the Charleston to “The Banjo’s Back in Town” by Alma Cogan
- Greg and Natalie will be dancing the Tango to “Jump” by Van Halen
- Judge Rinder and Oksana will be dancing the American Smooth to “Marvin Gaye” by Charlie Puth ft. Meghan Trainor
- Laura and Giovanni will be dancing the Waltz to “If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Keys
- Lesley and Anton will be dancing the Cha Cha to the Pussycat Dolls’ version of “Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps”
- Louise and Kevin will be dancing the Viennese Waltz to the kd lang version of “Hallelujah”
- Melvin and Janette will be dancing the Tango to “Moving On Up” by M People
- Naga and Pasha will be dancing the Cha Cha to “Fool In Love” by Tina Turner
- Ore and Joanne will be dancing the Cha Cha to “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer
- Tameka and Gorka will be dancing the Charleston to “Yes Sir, That’s My Baby” to Firehouse Five Plus Two
- Will and Karen will be dancing the Jive to “Rock Around The Clock” by Bill Haley & His Comets