JLS star Oritsé Williams bailed following rape allegation
JLS singer Oritsé Williams has been bailed by police after allegations of rape were made by a fan in December.
The boyband member was accused of the offence after his performance at the Gorgeous club in Wolverhampton on December 2. It was reported that Oritsé and another man invited two girls back to a hotel room after his show.
The girls in question have claimed that they left the hotel to get a taxi home before realising they had left a handbag behind, and it is this period of time that is now being investigated by the police.
Oritsé has now been bailed by police for a second time until April 28, after originally being bailed until February.
The former X Factor contestant’s management 10 Worlds Music UK previously said in a statement: “All we wish to say at this time is that Oritsé denies the allegations against him. The matter is in the hands of the police and it would be totally wrong for us to comment any further.”
A spokesperson for the West Midlands Police explained: “West Midlands Police were called to a Wolverhampton hotel at 7.45am on Friday, December 2 after an allegation of rape and sexual assault was made by a 20-year-old woman.
“A 30-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of rape and a 29-year-old man arrested on suspicion of sexual assault.”
Oritsé has now decided to end his charity partnerships, stepping down from his roles as an ambassador for the MS Society and music therapy charity Nordoff Robbins.
He said: “It is with great sadness that I am announcing I am stepping back from my charity work with immediate effect.
“This work has always been a big motivation for me and is something close to my heart. This has not been an easy decision for me.
“Unfortunately there has been a lot of speculation over the weekend regarding events on December 2.
“Press speculation is likely to be unhelpful to the charities I work with, and the decision I have taken is with their best interests in mind.”