Game of Thrones season six – the first reports and spoilers are out
Press in Los Angeles have been the first to view the eagerly-awaited first episode of Game of Thrones‘ newest series, titled ‘The Red Woman’. The select group were forced to sign an oath in blood promising not to reveal plot twists prior to the series launch, but that hasn’t stopped them revealing some small details of the upcoming premiere:
1. Season six picks up where season five left off – as Jon Snow bleeds out in the snow at Castle Black.
2. There is plenty of gore and violence (armies are marching), although a surprising lack of nudity.
3. The episode is titled ‘The Red Woman’ and Melisandre indeed plays an important (if not overly large role). She is part of a big twist at the end of the episode.
4. The audience cheered most for Brienne of Tarth finally achieving her ambition.
5. Sansa Stark is no longer that frightened little girl, and this episode shows her firmly in control.
6. Her sister Arya, on the other hand, will not have a good episode after becoming blind at the end of season five. Her scenes were reportedly “not an easy watch”.
7. Not every main character appears in the season opener, but rest assured there will plenty of time spent at Castle Black.
8. Some scenes are genuinely shocking. Entertainment Weekly reports: “Even hardcore fans full of speculation about the new season won’t see some twists coming.”